Wednesday, February 15, 2017

V-day Recap

I usually don't like to share too many details about Kyle and my relationship because I think it is private and I also don't like to "brag." I almost hesitated writing this post for those reasons but then thought to myself: Why can't I brag about how lucky I am to have such an amazing husband? And why can't I document these special moments so that I can look back at them for years to come? 

And let me just say this in advance: Kyle and I are not "perfect" and we can argue with the best of them. We have petty fights, disagreements, and we have moments where we are annoyed with each other beyond belief. But putting that aside, we also have a very special relationship that holds a ton of incredible moments. I can easily say that after 12 Valentines spent together, I love him just as much as the first one. Probably more.

I woke up in the morning to tons of rose pedals, chocolates, wine, flowers, presents, heart shaped candies, and the sweetest cards from Kyle and the kids. And of course: coffee in bed. However, that is something he brings me every morning. It's the little things that make me love him so damn much.

After work, I rushed home to make Kyle dinner (a new recipe that turned out super yummy: flank steak with pan roasted grapes, shrimp, and mashed potatoes. I also baked him a cake that said: "Lets get it on after the kids go to bed." I was one "e" short so I had to improvise. Haha. This is definitely not a pinterest-worthy cake but it tasted super delicious so I guess that's all that matters. ;)

Kyle had more planned for me and he couldn't wait to share. As I was putting the kids to bed, he was "setting" up. My first surprise was on the upstairs balcony where he had a Moscow Mule, fireball shot, and blankets waiting. We sat there and watched the sunset, took in the view, and talked about the past 12 years. Next, he took me downstairs into our bedroom and had the whole room set up for a massage. He had the lights out, candles lit, relaxing music playing, and even put on a sexy bandana so that he could massage me in style. Haha. I may have mentioned this before but Kyle gives the BEST massages. I don't even bother going to a massage parlor because it will not compare to the massages he gives. Plus, the masseuse won't be nearly as hot either. ;) He massaged every inch of my body--taking his sweet time. It lasted close to an hour and I did not want it to end. Then just when I thought the surprises were over, he led me into the bathroom where he had rose pedals everywhere, two new candles lit, a bottle of amazing red wine, and a bath bomb from Bath and Body Works. He filled the tub and we took a bath together. I will spare you the rest of the details but lets just say we did as the cake said. Haha. 

I literally cannot believe how much thought this incredible man put into this day. He is always spoiling the crap out of me (I swear I do not deserve him) but today he went above and beyond. 

I need to pinch myself. 

Kyle, 
I do not always tell you this and sometimes I SUCK at expressing my emotions but I love you more than anything in the world and I cannot wait to spend a million more Valentines days with you. I am truly the luckiest girl in the world. Next year is going to be hard to top. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment