Monday, August 22, 2016

Lazy Weekend






 This weekend was as LAZY as them come. I had a few plans for us to get out of the house and then I cancelled them. I thought I would go crazy being stuck home for 48+ hours but after the busy week we had, it ended up being exactly what we needed. 

We spent a lot of time with Pokey (and we got him to take his first selfie). ;) We also spent a lot of time on the playground (mostly the swings). We watched movies, baked cookies, and cuddled on the couch. 

During nap time, Presley and I spent some much needed quality time together in her room. We played Barbies, she did my makeup, we used her new art kit, and we tried on jewelry. At one point, we ended up just lying on the carpet--taking away. I kept looking at her thinking I was seriously talking to a teenager and then would have to make myself focus in on the hot pink Barbie house to bring me back to reality. She is wise beyond her years. She is curious about the world and is so observant and inquisitive. Most of the time she asks me questions I do not even know how to begin to answer. She is constantly thinking critically. She will read a story and then say, "How did he get that bug on his shoulder? I thought those bugs only lived in places where the temperature is cold outside." Or, "That part in the movie doesn't make sense, Mom. It could not possibly happen in that order." And after I think about it, she is right. Always right. And I do not even want to get into the conversation we had last night about the bad people in this world. She noticed something on the news and has been asking me all sorts of questions. Sometimes I wonder how much I should tell her and how much I should restrain and hold for a later day. I don't ever want to lie to her but at the same time, I do have to remind myself that she is only 5 years old. I guess I just have to use my judgement. 

Anyway, we are all feeling rested and recharged and ready to take on another busy week!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment