Saturday, July 16, 2016

Portraits and Rambles



I'll just leave the portraits of these three sweeties right here. 

Sorry I have been so MIA. I am trying to soak up as much time with my kiddos before we will all be back at work and school. Geri is coming into town tonight...yay! And with her here, I will be able to get a lot of things done; one of which will be decorating my new classroom. I haven't seen it yet but I am planning on going on Monday to drop off a ton of stuff. I am hoping to have it all organized and decorated before school starts. I will share pictures when it's complete.

We are taking the kids (especially Presley) school shopping soon and I am getting so excited for her to start Kindergarten! Just a few days ago, Kyle and I made the decision to send her to another school. One of the things that bothered me about the school we originally chose was that they didn't offer Spanish. It has been weighing heavy on my heart, so finally Kyle gave me the urge to check out Desert Willows Elementary. I did and I loved it there. It is a bit further but is on my way to work if I take a different route. Since I am only going to be working part-time, I have a lot more flexibility in the mornings and that is the only way I could pull this off. Desert Willow offers Spanish three times a week and by attending Kindergarten there, we have a great chance at getting into their Spanish-Immersion program the following year. Right now there is a waiting list a mile long, so I need to take all the necessary steps to possibly have her enrolled next year. Also, this will give her brother and sister a better chance of getting into the program as well. I am so happy that I finally made a decision and I feel really great about it. Oh and their district calendar aligns better with my district calendar as well! Presley will have her assessment on August 3rd and then we start school on the 11th! A lot of exciting things to come!

Jackson starts tee-ball in September so we have been practicing every evening when Kyle gets home from work. I will share some pictures soon. Jackson talks about it non-stop and it's so nice to find a sport that he truly enjoys. He hated soccer. I am curious to see if that will change over the years. He is still in gymnastics and enjoys that as well (he is so strong!). Unfortunately, we will have to dis-enroll him soon because they don't offer an evening class for boys his age. If he misses it by next summer, I can always just make it a summer sport for him. If not, we will move on to other activities like football and basketball. :) Also, I have been keeping track of all the funny things Jackson has been saying and I am going to make a: Jacksonisms post. He is a crack up! Stay tuned! :)

I get so sad thinking about McCartney starting daycare full-time. She has been home with me for almost 2 years now. Cue tears! I know it will be SO GOOD for her to go but I am going to miss her so much. Right now, McCartney is staying busy with swim lessons and gymnastics. She loves both and I cannot wait to see her progress over the years. 

Sorry for rambling. I'll end here. Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment