Thursday, July 28, 2016

Jacksonisms








 1. He asked Grandma what color popsicle she wanted and after she said pink, he said: "One pink popsicle coming riiiiiiiight up."
2. "I am going to listen to my swim coach today, Mom. I won't go under water when he tells me not to."
3. "Come on Teddy (what he calls McCartney), we going outside to cause trouble."
4. When I told him he couldn't have a snack until after dinner he said, "I don't like you anymore. You are not my best friend." I responded with: "Well that's not very nice and now you don't get a snack after dinner." Then he said, "Juuuuuuuust kidding. I still love you."
5. "I want to go hang out with the landscapers."
6. We have officially decided that Jackson is either going to grow up to be an architect, a construction worker, an engineer, or MacGyver's sidekick because this kid can disassemble, reconstruct, unlock, or figure out just about any lock, baby gate, or anything else for that matter. Lately he will tell us what toy can be used to unlock his door. He will hand it to us before nap or bedtime and say, "Here. This one can unlock the door." One day I tried to take his plastic Woody doll out of his room and he asked me why. I told him I didn't want him to use it to open the door and he said, "Oh no. That one can't. I tried it yesterday." Hahaha. 
7. Whenever Jackson does something naughty, I always ask him why he did it and he blames everything but himself. For example: "Jackson! Why did you hit the wall with that toy?!" Jackson: "I didn't. My car did." Me: "Jackson! Why did you throw your food on the ground?" Jackson: "I didn't. My hand did it." OMG! I can't handle it. 
8. He found out that there is old Easter egg candy in the utility closet upstairs and I kept warning him to stay out of there. One morning (during breakfast), I couldn't find Jackson. I kept calling his name and started to get worried. I realized he had jumped over the gate (see, I told you he was MacGyver), and could hear something upstairs. I went up there to find that he had broken the lock on the utility closet and was sitting on the floor. I asked him what he was doing and he muffled, "Nothing mommy." I could hear the candy crunching between his teeth. He had a mouthful. I could not help but  laugh so hard. He keeps me on my toes, that's for sure. 
9. Everything is: "I will do that tomorrow..."
10. Whenever I tell him he is cute he says, "I not cute. I cool."
11. "Presley is being bad. I not!"

I am sure I am missing so many more things and will add them if I remember. This kid is the best. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment