Saturday, January 2, 2016

Helping Out in the Kitchen




I admit to two things: I am not the most adventurous cook and I hardly let the kids help out in the kitchen. 

It isn't that I am a bad cook. Everything I make usually turns our pretty tasty. I am just more of a boring or lazy cook. If it has too many ingredients, I don't want to make it. If it's going to take too much time or make too big of a mess, I chose something else. Kyle ends up grilling and cooking for us 4-5 nights out of the week. I feel terrible. It is something I desperately want to work on. I am not going to say it is my New Year's Resolution or anything because like I said before, I don't want to jinx it. But I do, however, want to try new things in the kitchen. And I want to get better about letting the kids help out in the kitchen. Yes, it will take more time, and yes, it will be a lot messier but it is so worth it. I think if they help make the meal, they will be more likely to eat it. Plus, it will teach them some very good life lessons. 

Grandma Geri let the kids make French Toast and it was super yummy and shell-free! After seeing how good Presley is at cracking eggs, I let her make our egg breakfast this morning. She cracked all 6 by herself and only got the tiniest bit of shell in the pan. I was impressed and so was she! 

Here is to a messier kitchen (and kids) and tastier meals! And most importantly, some very valuable time with my little chefs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment