Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas at the Princess 2015 and a Tragedy

























 ***Note: this pictures are TERRIBLE quality because I forgot my good camera and my phone camera was due for a good lens cleaning... Oh well, at least the memories were captured (blurry or not). :)

Christy, Lanae and I took the kids to Christmas at the Princess. Last year we went with my friend Tina and her kids and instantly knew we wanted to make this a yearly tradition. We had the best time riding the carousel, roasting s'mores, petting the goats, looking at the lights, drinking hot chocolate, and meeting Santa (totally kidding about that one). The Santa picture from 2 posts ago is from this night. Presley was super happy and posing all cute until her brother and sister wouldn't stop crying. She was so upset by it that she started crying too. It will forever be my favorite picture of the three of them. Ha!

We also got to meet up with my high school friend, Renae while we were there. It was so good to see her!

I cannot wait until next year to come back to this magical place. I think we are going to try the ice-skating because the kids will be old enough! Wish us luck. And next time, I will bring a better camera or a cleaner iPhone lens. ;)

P.S. I am trying to keep this post so happy and upbeat (like most of them) but I can't help but think of my cousin, Nikki, who is in the hospital in Kingman, Arizona. She has been battling cancer for the last 3 and a half years and unfortunately is living out her last few days there. My mom got to drive up there and say "goodbye." It breaks my heart into a million pieces that this evil disease is taking someone so young, and so amazing. She will be my constant reminder to hold on tight to my loved ones and to appreciate every second I have on this earth. She will not get to see her daughter and step-son grow up. I can't imagine not being able to do that with Presley, Jackson, and McCartney. I will be hugging them a little longer tonight. We will miss you, Nikki. Now you can be with your Daddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment