Wednesday, November 11, 2015

What's Happening Around Here?








It has been a LONG time since I have written one of these posts (YOU TOTALLY DON'T HAVE TO READ THESE...), so here it goes:

1. Papa Larry and Nana Margaret just left. They stayed with us for a few nights and we had the best time with them;
2. McCartney is starting to climb on everything (oh no!);
3. My mom and I are going to take the kids to Out of Africa in a few weeks and while we are there I will get to meet my high school friend, Sommer's baby girl;
4. Kyle and I booked our trip to Cabo! We are going in January. We haven't been on a vacation just the two of us since our honeymoon. It is long overdue. Thank you mom, in advance, for watching the kids;
5. We also booked our trip to Disneyland. We are going in May with my parents. I don't know who is more excited: Presley or me;
6. My Aunt Carol, sister, and brother are all coming for a week to celebrate McCartney's birthday and Thanksgiving;
7. They also get to see Presley's performance in the Nutcracker;
8. McCartney's birthday is going to be super small and "family-only" this year. It was too hard with Thanksgiving being only two days after;
9. My mother-in-law, Geri is coming in December for 12 nights and she gets to spend Christmas with us;
10. I think Pokey is officially in hibernation because I haven't seen him in a few weeks. We already miss him like crazy;
11. I am looking forward to taking the dogs for long walks again now that it is cooler;
12. We are discussing when we are going to go back to Nebraska. We are thinking about possibly going in June so we can attend a College World Series game;
13. I went to a photography workshop a few weeks ago and learned some new pointers. I am also taking my sister-in-law and brother-in-law's family photos this Sunday;
14. Kyle and I are going to take the kids to Flagstaff to play in the snow in a few weeks;
15. We are also going to go to Bearizona one of these Sundays as well;
16. I have been taking the kids to the library every week and picking out 20-30 books and 5-6 movies. It is so much fun reading a new book every night;
17. Presley is starting to read. The other day she read a few words off a book I was reading. I was so impressed;
18. I will be applying for high school teaching jobs come March. It makes me sad thinking about leaving my babies but I am excited for a new adventure;
19. Presley has 2 American Dolls from her cousins Abbey and Madison with a TON of clothes and accessories. We are going to buy her another doll for Christmas since she plays with them so much. I can't wait to see her face as she opens it;
20. We enrolled Presley in another 8 weeks of soccer. She seems to be enjoying it;
21. I am working on a VERY exciting project and cannot way to share it with some of my close friends and family members in a few weeks;
22. My mom and I are back to doing our Wednesday weekly adventures. 2 weeks ago we took the kids to Pump it Up (see pic above) and last week we went to the mall to ride a motorized lion and unicorn (so much fun) and drank milkshakes at Johnny Rockets. We are heading back to Pump it Up today since it is a little too cold to do anything outside.
23. Presley has been saying some funny crap lately. Stay tuned for an exPRESsions soon...

I think that's it for now. I still can't believe it is already November!

No comments:

Post a Comment