Saturday, May 23, 2015

P-R-E-S-L-E-Y



When I picked Presley up from school on Thursday (she goes twice a week), the teachers told me that she wrote her name all by herself. I immediately asked, "Oh you mean that she used one of those letter tracers?" She was like, "No." I then asked, "Oh so how much did you help her?" She was like, "Not at all. She wrote it all by herself." I hate to admit this but I was skeptical. Well...I should NEVER doubt Presley's ability because as soon as we got home, she put her skills to the test. I got it on video for those of you who care to see. In the video, she clearly needs to work on her "P's" and "r's" but she does such a fantastic job. After I was done taping her, we worked on making her P's look more like P's and less like Q's. She listened so well because in the morning, she was up  at the counter writing. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "Just writing my name." I screamed with joy and was so unbelievably impressed. Not only did her letters look great (see pic above) but she wrote them without me telling her what letters went in what order. And she had nothing to guide her. If she keeps this up, she will be writing  her first novel by Kindergarten. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment