Monday, March 23, 2015

Not so Royal







 On Saturday, we celebrated Keira's 4th birthday by going to a place called Girly Girlz. We had never been there before but it was one fabulous little place to have a party. The girls dressed up in their most royal attire and got pampered from the minute they walked in the door. They got their hair braided and their nails painted, and a touch of glitter to top it all off. They also got to make headbands, color pictures, and drink "tea" (aka: pink lemonade). It was the perfect royal party. 

The whole time the party was going on, Presley acted like such a princess. I was so proud of her. 
UNTIL...

She turned into a royal pain in my arse. She did not want to leave the party and threw the biggest temper tantrum I have ever seen. It was one of those "throw yourself on the ground and kick your legs while screaming at the top of your lungs" tantrums. It was sooooo embarrassing. I had THAT kid. I didn't know what to do or even how to handle it because quiet threats of "time out" or "I am going to take every toy you own away" demands did not work. FINALLY, I got her to the car without her getting run over. Yes. She totally fell on the ground in the middle of the parking lot and refused to get up. It was THAT bad. 

She eventually calmed down and I had a huge, long talk with her on the drive home. She said she was sorry and then even had the audacity to say, "I was kind-of good." Bahaha. Oh boy. She definitely keeps me on my toes, this one. 

I don't think she will be moving into a castle any time soon... Maybe the dungeon, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment