Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Staycation at the Arizona Grand




















 When my parents invited us to the Arizona Grand for the weekend (my dad had a conference there), we couldn't have said "yes" faster. We were so excited. 

On Saturday, the kids and I checked in and then joined my mom at the pool. We went swimming for hours and ate lots of good food poolside. After the kids were worn out, we went back to the hotel room to get cleaned up. My mom offered to watch the kids while Kyle and I went to dinner. As I was waiting for Kyle to join us from work, Jackson got antsy and decided to head plant off the bed. He put a huge gash above his eye. We took him to the hotel emergency center and after some butterfly tape, he was A-Okay. He is a lot tougher than me, that's for sure. 

Kyle and I dined at Aunt Chiladas that night and it brought back so many memories. We had our rehearsal dinner there 6 years ago. After dinner, we decided to walk to the spot we got married (see pic above) and visit some other places that we spent during our wedding weekend. It was definitely nostalgic. 

On Sunday, we spent the day at the pool again. Then being the saint that she is, my mom had a sleepover in her room with Presley and Jackson, while Kyle and I got to go to dinner (yet again)! We went with my Dad, a few of his partners, and of course McCartney to Rustler's Rooste. Then we went back to our room and crashed out so early. It was soooo nice to get a full night's sleep without any interruptions. We needed it more than we knew.

On Monday, we checked out. We were sad to leave and promised ourselves we would do this more often. It was a much needed, very enjoyable staycation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment