Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Learning to Ride



We got Presley a big girl (16 inch) bike for Christmas. It has training wheels on it and we are planning to take those off as soon as she feels 100% comfortable on the bike. She has been practicing on it around our house but last Friday is the first time she rode it for a longer distance. I was super impressed how confident she was and how well she rode. She fell once or twice (going around sharp turns) but quickly got back up and tried again. It got me a little teary eyed watching her because she looked like such a big girl. It also made me realize how fast time is truly flying by. In no time, she will be hopping on her bike and riding down the street to meet neighbor friends without me by her side. I will do my best to savor these training wheel moments before we completely let go. I am not ready for that yet. But to be honest, I don't think I ever fully will be. She will always be my little girl with her oversized pink helmet, learning to ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment