Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Sisters







 Seeing Presley become a big sister has been one of the most wonderful things I have ever witnessed in my life. She takes her role very seriously. Every morning she gives McCartney a huge kiss, asks how she slept and then insists on holding her. I swear these moments will never get old. Presley is also very quick to tell me when McCartney is poopy and even helps with changing her diaper. I love seeing their relationship form and I cannot wait until the day they can have real conversations and play dress up and use their vivid imaginations together. 

Funny story:
The other day I was picking up Presley from school and she was in the front office with her best friend, Keira grabbing a sucker for "Sucker Friday." Nadine (the daycare office staff and the kids' babysitter) was watching them while I grabbed Jackson. She overheard Keira ask Presley, "Are you going to grab a sucker for McCartney?" And Presley responded with, "No. She can't have that. She can only suck on my mom's boobs." Haha. Always looking out for her sister. 

I am so very thankful I was able to give Presley the gift of a sister. I cherish mine more than words can say. And I know Presley does too. That love will only continue to grow and grow. And I get to watch the whole thing. Lucky, lucky me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment