Friday, September 19, 2014

M.I.A.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. It's been a little hectic around my neck of the woods. Besides working all day and being a mom to 2 rambunctious toddlers, I am beyond tired with this third pregnancy. My back is killing me and my heartburn is blazing like a wildfire. I don't mean to complain about being pregnant (because I am beyond grateful that I am), it is just THAT much harder the 3rd time around. I am ready to have this baby. Or so...I think I am. I may regret that statement when I realize how chaotic and hard life is about to get with three kids three and under. 

Presley is three years old going on sixteen years old. She knows how to throw temper tantrums with the best of them. She is extremely sassy, spoiled, and thinks she is entitled to everything. It must just be the age because several of my friends (with three year olds) are experiencing the same thing. Don't get me wrong. She is hilarious, kind, smart, tender, sensitive, sweet, and oh so lovable. But dang is she sassy.  She is super excited that she is getting a new baby sister but I have a slight suspicion she might be acting out because she is a little jealous. Sometimes she even has a hard time sharing the limelight with her brother, so I can only imagine how she will feel when she has to share it with two other people. I am going to make her my big helper when McCartney arrives and try to get her involved as much as possible. Wish me luck that it all works to my advantage. :)

Jackson is 17 months and is at the age where he has finally mastered expressing his emotions. Frustration is a huge emotion that he displays often. He gets frustrated when he can't reach something, frustrated when I don't hold him for 45 minutes in the morning (that one is tough), frustrated when his sister doesn't share her toys, and frustrated when I don't let him open cabinets that contain dangerous objects. He is still my happy little boy but he is definitely a little harder to handle as of late. We have had a couple incidents of biting at school. The teachers don't seem to be too concerned and are constantly assuring me that this is "normal" boy behavior. From what I have read, it seems like a very short-lived phase. However, I am definitely worried about how he will respond to a newborn in the house. He is momma's boy and I don't want him to get jealous of all the attention McCartney will be getting. It is going to be an adjustment, that's for sure.

This week has been a tough one. But I am optimistically hoping that it will get better. I know I am just emotional and scared to have three kids. I am beyond excited but definitely scared. I have talked to several people that tell me, "It will all just work out and come natural." I know they are right. I have fears of a messy house (even messier than it is now), I have fears of three kids screaming and crying at the same time and me not knowing how to handle the situation, and I have fears of getting three kids ready and out the door in time. Although those are valid fears, what I fear the very most is having my kids feel left-out or unloved. I want to make sure I give a lot of individual attention to each one of them. My heart is so full and happy at the thought of having three wonderful babies. I just want them to truly experience the love that I feel for them. It is so powerful, so unique, and so unbelievably real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment