Sunday, August 10, 2014

Dance Mom


 ^^^Best friends.^^^

Even though Presley started dance lessons this summer, she has officially started the Fall Season. These sessions are a bit more intense (meaning that they are starting to get serious about discipline, technique, behavior, and skills). She will be preparing for small recitals and eventually a big one. This particular class is ballet and tap and the best thing about this class is that Presley gets to dance with her best friend, Keira. And the best part for me is that I get to hang out with Keira's mom every Saturday. It's a win-win. It is so much fun watching Presley and Keira out on the dance floor. They are such good listeners and have such good technique (for being only 3 years old). They are in a class with 4-6 year olds and you wouldn't even know that they are the youngest ones. 

I am sooooo excited to be a "dance mom." But don't worry. I will never be like the crazy, psychotic ones on television (or in real life). As long as Presley is enjoying herself and listening to her teacher, I will support her in every way. Yes, I may be psychotic with my squeals of joy when she does a skill right or just looks so darn cute in her leotard but I will not make her do anything she doesn't want to do. So far, I don't think that's going to be too hard because she absolutely enjoys herself out there on the floor. I can't help but smile at the possibility that she might actually do this for life. We will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment