Thursday, May 29, 2014

What's Happening Around Here?

1. We started on McCartney's nursery. We ordered the crib and dresser and my mom is painting next week. Can't wait to see how it will turn out.
2. We are leaving for Seattle in 2 weeks to see my sister graduate! I am a little (okay, very) nervous about taking two kids on a plane. Especially Jackson because he doesn't like to sit still for more than one second.
3. Speaking of Jackson, he is changing every day. He is talking up a storm, climbing on everything, destroying toys, wrestling his sister, and practically running around the house. He is such a rough and tough little boy and he gives me a panic attack on the daily. 
4. We got McCartney's bloodwork back and the results were negative. This decreases our chances of having a baby with a disability. So hopefully we will thank our lucky stars to end up with three healthy children.
5. We signed Presley up for ballet and she starts her first session in July. Now I need to find an adorable tutu and ballet slippers. A mother's dream...
6. We are going to Nebraska in July and depending on how the flight situation goes in June (to Seattle), I am hoping that we will not regret this decision. Ha. We are so excited to see the family so it will all be worth it in the end. 
7. Kyle and I will celebrate 5 years of marriage on the 6th of June. Kyle's parents will be in town so that we can have a night out. I cannot wait to spend some much needed time with my hubby.
8. We wrote our summer goals out and I am looking forward to checking each item off the list (see below).
9. Both kids are enrolled in swim and will start their first session in a week. 
10. I am officially out of the first trimester and my exhaustion is now starting to turn into energy. I am organizing the whole entire house which is a good sign that I no longer feel like I took a bottle of sleeping pills. Yay 2nd trimester. I sure love you. 
11. Pokey is out of hibernation now and comes and visits us on the front porch every morning. Presley and Jackson squeal with excitement every time and absolutely love feeding him. However, Jackson also likes to steal his broccoli and eat it (hey! I am not complaining. Presley won't touch a vegetable with a ten foot pole). (See pics below). 
12. I am due in November and was only going to take 12 weeks off before returning to school. However, my wonderful husband is going to let me take the rest of the year off and return in August at the start of a new school year. This means that I will get to stay home with McCartney for 9 months. I feel so blessed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment