Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Recap




Mother's Day this year was honestly was my all-time favorite. I know I don't have many years to compare it to, but there was something about this day that was extra special. Maybe it was because I had my complete family with me to celebrate. What I mean by this is that I know that this precious baby in my tummy is my last one. We have 100% decided this. I feel so at ease with this decision and I honestly feel so complete. This is the first Mother's Day that I had all 3 of them with me. Presley, Jackson, and this baby bean are the best things that ever happened to me. I feel so lucky. And to make it even better, I have such an amazing partner standing right by my side. He made my Mother's Day a dream. I got to sleep in, take a nap, and got fed breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I received the sweetest cards and gifts. I had such a relaxing day with the family. I even got a much needed back rub at the end of the night. There was one point in the day that we were playing in the garage and the front yard (see pics above) that I felt like I was high on life. This sense of nostalgia creeped into me and at that moment, I experienced true happiness. True, genuine, rock your world happiness. Not the kind that comes from drugs or alcohol or money. The kind that can only come from good things surrounding you. The kind of happiness that you can't accurately describe. The weather was perfect, my kids were laughing and playing, and I was having great conversation with my husband. I put my hand on my tummy and envisioned many more days like this. The only difference was that there would be 3 kids laughing and playing. What could be more perfect? Nothing. So was my Mother's Day a good one? No, it was perfect. Truly. 

Happy Mother's Day to all you fabulous mothers out there. I hope your day was as special as mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment