Saturday, March 22, 2014

MADD walk at the Zoo

^^^My student Aniyah's sister was killed by a drunk driver.^^^



















The MADD (Mother's Against Drunk Driving) walk was today and it was held at the Phoenix Zoo. We got to support a good cause while walking next to a bunch of animals. Not a bad way to spend my Saturday. Presley had the best time and I got to catch up with my mom and Christy. Jackson slept most of the way, but managed to see some animals and scarf down a mango smoothie and banana muffin at the end. That boy sure can eat. As we walked today, I saw a lot of support for those who have lost a loved one by a drunk driver. I shed a few tears and felt so deeply for these people. I am glad I got to help show my love today. It won't bring those victims back but it will help spread the very important message: "Don't drink and drive!"

1 comment:

  1. I'd have to say, Presley and Jackson are so cute! While your children couldn't understand the issue for now, they'd certainly get behind a good cause such as this. There could have been countless mothers, and fathers, that had lost their children due to the fact that a person thought they could drive when drunk. To think that these types of accidents are the most avoidable ones. You're right that spreading the message is the key to safety!

    Kim Hunter

    ReplyDelete