Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Little Things

Lately, I have heard myself say: "I am so busy." "I am too busy." "Please hurry up." "We don't have time for this." "Gosh I hate this." "This sucks." "I am too tired."

It seems like I am always rushing, always complaining. I catch myself telling Kyle I can't call him because I am too busy or I can't stay up with him and talk because I am too tired. I catch myself telling Presley that she can't pick a flower off the tree in our front yard because we are in a hurry or that she can't stop and give the dogs an extra kiss because we don't have time. I catch myself constantly complaining about work and when someone asks me how my day was I immediately tell them that it sucked.  These are all such negative comments, negative thoughts that I desperately need to work on. Life is way too short (as cliche as that is), to not fully enjoy and appreciate it. My kids are curiously exploring and learning and I need to not get in the way of that. Even if it means being late. My relationship with my husband is way too important to treat insignificantly. My job is way too meaningful to talk about negatively. 

It is the little things in life that truly matter. Stopping to give my dogs a little belly rub. Giving my husband a big long kiss. Letting Presley look at a bug on the sidewalk. Hugging my Jackson babe a little tighter. There should never be an excuse for not allowing these things to happen. In the words of the great Eleanor Roosevelt, "The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience." I need to adopt these words and relish in the true meaning behind them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment